Tetsuya's

Add: 529 Kent Street, Sydney
Tel: +61 2 9267 2900
Website: http://www.tetsuyas.com/


By Chef Tetsuya Wakuda... need I say more?  :)



Bread served with black truffle butter




Warm soup of celeriac & truffle



 
Savoury custard with avruga




Salad of the sea



 
New Zealand scampi with chicken liver parfait & walnut vinaigrette




Confit of Petuna ocean trout with fennel; unpasteurised ocean trout caviar
Note: Tetsuya's signature dish





Steamed tian of Queensland Ceas spanner crab with curd, foie gras and junsai




Roasted breast of quail with jamon iberico & onion jus




Slow braised lamb shoulder with artichoke & potato mille feuille




Pear Sorbet




Green apple & mint ice cream with basil jelly




 
Floating island with praline & creme anglaise




Petit Four



The ten course degustation menu is priced at A$210 per pax. The service is excellent, and the menu can be modified to suit individual's diet requirement.

I enjoyed the dinner, but I was a bit underwhelmed due to my very high expectation. They have a really long waitlist, and reservation has to be made way in advance (I had called the restaurant 5 months ahead!).

In any case, I'm looking forward to my next big dinner at Waku Ghin (by the same chef). It has received higher ratings than Tetsuya's since its opening in Singapore a couple of years back!  :)

Comments