BIG Creations


New restaurant in town?!

Nope! But BIG had kindly hosted dinner in the comfort of his cosy apartment at Sengkang! For the Longest time, I've been boasting to all my friends about my bro's cooking. Now I've finally got an unbiased witness... PS!

We didn't take a photo of the first course: Pumpkin Soup. Was it good? Well, PS loves it even though she doesn't like pumpkin. I think that says it all?! :)

Next up: Smoked Duck and Rocket Salad (drizzled with a light and refreshing orange dressing flavoured with mint leaves)
I love the smoked duck. It was very tender with lightly pan-seared skin. Just the perfect doneness!






Crab Risotto with Aligue and Edamame
(Aligue: A speciality condiment from Philippines, also known as Crab Fat or Taba ng Talangka. Big thanks to PS who brought it all the way from Manila!)
Noticed the fresh basil leaves on top? Those came straight from the home garden!







Yes, this was no ordinary crab. We had huge Hokkaido king crabs! The meat was really sweet, compared to the usual Sri Lankan crabs you would get in Singapore. It was surprisingly easy to eat too. The shell was quite soft and you could extract out the whole chunk of meat without any fuss!







It was a lovely evening. Lynn was the perfect host as always! We weren't allowed to touch the dishes (in any case, I was feeling lazy to help... oops!). We had excellent white wine (almost finished 4 different bottles among the 4 of us) and really good Mont d'Or cheese (courtesy of ST from London, and personally couriered back by PS!).

We ended the long but very enjoyable dinner session with Earl Grey tea and freshly-cut honeydew for dessert. PS and I had to struggle home with our round and fully satisfied belly!

I think I should not have any difficulty inviting my friends over for dinner at my bro's place next time?! ;)

Comments