The Lighthouse

Add: Level 8 The Fullerton Hotel, Singapore
Tel: +65 6877 8933

It was YG's birthday lunch treat! *Well, it was his birthday and his treat because he owed me a meal... ha! So of course I had to pick a chic restaurant that serves expensive great lunches!!! Fortunately, there's no lack of options with our office situated right in the heart of Shenton Way :)

The restaurant is located at the top of Fullerton Hotel and offers a fantastic view of the Singapore Flyer and the soon-to-be-completed-but-is-currently-an-ugly-construction-mess Marina Bay Sands Resort!

The dining area was bright and cheery (thankfully it wasn't a rainy day). Blessed with ample natural light source aka the sun, all the photos taken by YG's new kick-ass D90 camera turned out really well on that day!





Free flow of warm bread served with soft butter richly flavoured with herbs. I love the bread! It had a slightly chewy texture and tasted very good even on its own.





Compliments from the kitchen before the appertizer course. It was a nice gesture but I wouldn't mind if they skipped it, ha. The prawn was a little too tough... :P




My appertizer: Buffalo mozzarella




YG's appertizer: Wagyu beef carpaccio




Main course: Butternut squash tortelloni. This was my favourite item on the lunch menu. The slightly sweet filling went really well with the cream-based sauce and pancetta. The portion was small, but I suppose it's a good size for lunch.




Dessert: Pink guava sorbet. Very light and refreshing... it was the perfect ending. I would have difficulty in keeping myself awake at work had it been the classic tiramisu. Special mention of the pistachio biscotti on the side, it was yummy!


I think the set lunch is reasonably priced at $38++ for 3 courses. Good value for money, especially if you consider the tortelloni being priced at $32 on the ala carte menu. Well, this certainly makes a good venue for business lunch... on company's expense of course!

Comments