Brauhaus

Add: United Square #B1-13/14, Singapore
Tel: +65 6250 3116

Decided to have a go at the German restaurant at Novena after hearing good words about their pork knuckles and live band. First impression of the restaurant is a simple, casual, laid-back place that looks good for a chill-out. What struck me next was their A3 size beer menu that covers both sides of the menu. An awesome range of beers around the world, easily exceeding more than 100 different selections of beer! They even stock the Efes Beer I tried in Turkey.... Cool huh!

Service is pretty good and fast. The star of the dishes got to be their pork knuckle and german sausage. Being well known for their pork knuckle, the skin is extremely crispy, and the creamy fat complemented with a juicy after taste. With some conscience of a health freak in myself, I don't fancy certain cuts where there are too much fat and hardened skin... probably it just hardens over time =(




Next comes the juicy sausage platter. Full of flavour and very nicely done! I can't remember the last sausage platter that I had that tasted as good as it looks.



And finally a hotplate of potato with bacon and cheese. Being a Cheesy person, it struck me down pretty well at first taste. However, the potatoes are too chunky and the taste somewhat got lost within the oversized bits. Wished they had done it with smaller bite-size bits.



Next comes the beer! Hohoho.. beer from all over the world. Ordered for beer from Egypt, Belgium, Germany, and other countries which I cant recall.. :P And each unique beer comes with their individual unique beer glass.... ultra cool huh! Makes one wonder how they had the space to store those glasses... hmmm....

Served by their friendly Chinese owner, the Chimay Blue beer from Belgium got to be the star attraction. The knowledgeable owner explained that this is a trappist ale brewed by monks, and needless to say, it carries the steepest price tag of them all! Not the typical tiger taste I had in the neighbourhood kopitiam, it comes with a bitter creamy after-taste, extremely flavourful beer.



Beer and good music is really a good mix as I nod to the brilliant tune performed by their in-house live band, that starts prompty at 8pm. The lack of happy hour promotion for beers, other than Tiger, definitely leads to a pinch on the pocket. Definitely getting high with the wide selection of beer and I'm proud that I manage to make my way home without taking cab.



That been said, the exotic beer selection, the juicy german sausage and being a sucker for good live-band performance, will make me do a return trip again. :)

Comments